This official update fixes the screen colour, I.e. no more you will feel the colours are washed out and now it looks more vivid. Sound output is also found out to be high after the proper application of the update. Minor bugs have been taken care of.
Okay, so now that we know the importance of the official V2 ROM, let's start without further ado.
[Note: Copying of the tutorial is strictly prohibited; if copied give source address of Techxcyt or cite it.]
- Canvas HD drivers download link *Canvas HD a116 drivers.Download link: http://d-h.st/N63
- SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119
- Your computer
- Micromax A116
1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers. (x86 for 32bit OS and x64 for 64bit OS)
2. Extract the Stock ROM folder
If you want to install CWM along with official rom,then replace recovery.img with cwm recovery (Download CWM updated Version)
Note:Use recovery.img(Default) if you want tech support from micromax Service center otherwise it will void the warranty.
3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.( Remember to Run As Administrator)
4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.
5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.20__flasher_user” and select the file“MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” which is our scatter loading file.
6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery+ sim card+ memory card to make sure it is switched off).IMP*** Do not put your battery again,the phone should be without battery,sim card and memory card while flashing process completes.
7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed. *IMP
8. Click the Firmware Upgrade option on the left of Download option and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.
9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
Don’t interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).
10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.
11.Disconnect your phone.
12. What else!? Enjoy!
Remeber this process is risky and Techxcyt is not at all responsible if your phone blows off! If you are unsure, better visit the service center.
By Pratik Bhuyan
Owner and administrator