The wait is finally over. Micromax has shaken up the mobile-world by giving a sneak-peek to the most hyped and anticipated smartphone of the year - Micromax Canvas 4 A210.
Now Micromax has not been able to live upto the expectations of the people as the mass was expecting an over-clocked processor with 2GB of RAM , 1080p displays, but it seems MMX has concentrated on the features than on technical specifications .
The Canvas 4 does posses some unique abilities that is not seen in devices priced the same.
Some features which might excite you:
- It has the "Blow to unlock feature" i.e. you can just blow at the screen to unlock your device
- Answer a coming call by just taking your Canvas 4 close to your ear.
- Select a contact and take it close to your ear and make the call, i.e. no need of dialing anymore
- Just flip your phone upside down to silent any incoming call.
- Pin applications in your homescreens.- e.g. while browsing pin your video player also and enjoy watching while browsing, known as multi-window.
- Take a peek of another video without pausing your current video.
- "Look Away" feature- Videos automatically pause when eyes are moved away from screen.Even works with glasses on, that did not work even in the Galaxy S4.
- Till now Panaroma pics were clicked horizontally but now click it vertically, i.e. from top to down.
- New M!Power app pre-installed-Now block your SIM, take back-up, wipe data during theft. Free for 1 year.
- No need of 3rd party video player apps like MX player as default app supports many formats, onscreen volume and brightness up down.
- OTG & OTA Facility
- Touch the screen with gloves on.
- Surface Touch Technology flip cover free.
So as you can see the Canvas 4 comes loaded with features that are halfway found in devices which cost a premium.
The Canvas 4 looks to be quite slim, may be 8.9 mm in width or even less. The camera seems to be slightly protruded and there's a silver bezel running through the sides of the body. The body is made of plastic, but will slightly vary in looks from its predecessors as it is the most elegant and modish Canvas yet. The camera placement has also been changed and the flash and the noise cancellation mike, just by the side of it. The backside is also a designed one, seems like brushed finish.
The confirmed spec-sheet are as follows:
- Processor:1.2Ghz MTK processor.
- RAM: 1GB
- Display: 5" 720p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- OS: Android 4.2.1; upgradable to 4.3
- Camera: 13MP rear camera with Xenon flash and Sony Sensor; front camera: 5 MP
- Storage: 16GB internal; 32GB expandable
- Battery: 2000mAh
- Sensors: proximity, light, accelerometer
MMX this time also did not put up any custom UI, and for long they have kept the pure vanilla flavor of Android, i.e. stock Android UI, which is actually very wise to do so, as more the customization, more the memory and CPU will get taxed.
News is also there, that apart from the smoky grey and pristine white colours of the phone, alternate colours like baby pink and electric blue will also feature with the Canvas 4. This is yet to be confirmed, but what is confirmed by TechxcyT is that MMX is also going to release custom designed covers, flip covers and dedicated accessories for the Canvas 4, what special about the flip over is that you get high sensitivity Aluminium brushed Surface Touch Technology flip cover worth Rs.2999 absolutely free.
Quadrant: 3998, 4125
AnTuTu: 12993, 13714
Now coming to price, it is priced at Rs. 17,999. Now to get the same features from brands like Samsung, HTC will land you to shell off a premium, so Micromax has a good stand here. The features are surely cool enough to stand out of the crowd and new things which MMX has experimented with like the flip cover, air gestures, M!power app are surely commendable. Coming to specs, a lot is left to be desired but you cannot just push everything into one device keeping the price less.Yes, for some the 18,000 price might seem too high and I also think Rs.16,500 would have made the deal. I recommend to buy this but try to wait a little if you want the price to lessen, It's earlier flagship phone, the Canvas HD was a huge hit and is still the current mid-range market leader.
The camera is an excellent piece of equipment and photo-shooters will surely love it which comes with the SONY sensor. Another feature worth stating is the Corning Gorilla Glass applied to the screen, which makes it scratch resistant and makes it unbreakable. The inbuilt 16GB of storage is a behemoth and can be extended to 32GB via SD card. TechxcyT is a little unhappy with the price and the specs but quite happy with the profound features and in categories like camera, storage and display. You have the Karbonn Titanium S9 with the same specs, except a 5.5" screen, no Gorilla glass, no air geatures, no SONY sensor camera but still priced at Rs.19000. So the Micromax Canvas 4 is recommended over the Titanium S9.Another phone which is also generating a lot of hype is the LAVA Iris 504Q phone. Click the link: LAVA Iris 504Q to know more about its interesting features like gesture control, 1.2
GHz processor, 720p display and much more. Also have a look at the stunning 5.5" Karbonn Titanium S9 over here: Karbonn Titanium S9 Features.
As soon as we get further information on this device, this page will be updated and we assure you that, you will get the very first info only here. So be tuned to this page for further updates regarding the Canvas 4.
If your facing confusion, whether to buy the Canvas 4 or not, check my other article which will solve your problem: Should I buy the Canvas 4 or not?
Join us on Facebook and Twitter, and be completely updated with all the latest happenings in the technologysphere: TechxcyT (FB) , TechxcyT(twitter).
By Pratik Bhuyan
Owner and administrator.